Diablo 3 Public Game Etiquette
- Don't be a jerk
- Don't go AFK, let your allies know if you are going to step away for a bit. Most people should be reasonable if you run away for a minute or two. That said, don't join a game and instantly say "brb" or "afk."
- Play on the proper level. If you die more than a few times, drop down a difficulty. You'll gear up faster if you can contribute to the group.
- Ask before joining someone's game (even if they are a friend); some builds need the attack speed or resource regeneration from their follow and some builds are tuned for solo play.
- Don't wait for a res.
- Don't hit a pylon or shrine if you don't have Nemesis Bracers.
- Split up the bounties; don't follow people around, skip boss fights, etc.
- There are 25 bounties for 4 players, that means you should be completing 7.5 bounties per run. If you can't complete at least 5 bounties, turn the difficulty down.
- Focus on the bounty, don't kill every mob (unless it is part of the bounty); it's fine to kill elite packs as you are traveling around the map.
Never finish Act 3 before Act 4 unless Act 3 has the bonus cache. Both acts share the same turn in, so you essentially lock out the bonus is A3 is finished before A4.
- Prioritize bounties based on your build's strengths. Highly mobile (but often fragile builds) should focus on kill quests and clearing second levels, while builds that excel at single target damage should do boss fights (Goldwrap builds will appreciate you if you kill the act bosses).
- Join games with an empty inventory; manage your inventory after you pop your caches after all bounties are complete.
- If you finish the last bounty on the bonus act, turn in the bounty and check to see where the next bonus is in case someone's already completed the next act.
- If you come across a bandit shrine, let your group know before activating it; most goblins don't matter, but some players will appreciate gelatinous goblins (blue) and blood goblins (red).
- For vaults (and rainbow goblins), try to wait until after the bounties are done. Some players, especially late in the season, don't care about them.
- Make sure you can reasonably clear a rift at a given difficulty before joining a public game; you don't need to be fast, just don't die.
- If you have a support in your group, don't leave them behind (or alone)
- Kill the rift guardian and close the rift; this is a far more efficient strategy for everything but Death's Breath.
- Manage your inventory between runs, rifts take 30 seconds to close and you should spend that time identifying and smashing your inventory, reparing your gear, etc. Your inventory should be clean before you enter a rift.
- Stay near the group. Players must be on the same level in order to get drops.